SFS provides detailed overdraft transaction analyses in support of legal defense strategy for class action matters.SFS has specific experience with multiple bank overdraft class action cases including:
Working closely with the Bank and their associated legal counsel, SFS offers detailed analyses of overdraft (OD) transactions and efficiently reorganizes these voluminous transactions to accurately present facts that will support the legal strategy and mitigate potential damages from these claims.
As an objective third party, we also provide valuable strategic consultation in concert with bank management and outside legal counsel. In addition to defining and/or validating analytics methodologies that may have been provided by the bank IT department, we offer supplemental approaches and identify often overlooked items to reduce relevant OD fee income.
With the support of advanced proprietary software and in-house IT experts, we are skilled at analyzing large transaction databases, whether in the form of spreadsheets or massive corporate paper archives.
- A clear understanding of the sensitivities in the class action legal process and discovery issues.
- The nature and scope of plaintiff overdraft claims, damage calculation processes and plaintiff expert
- In-depth knowledge regarding the complexity, volume and technical issues related to the acquisition
of data involved in these cases and the ability to transform report formatted data into usable
- Experience in data modeling and alternative scenario development to support defense counsel
While each overdraft case is different and defense counsel may consider multiple strategies, our basic data analysis approach includes, but is not limited to:
- Data acquisition requirements - Understanding data criteria for the time period under review or investigation.
- Data validation - Validating current bank overdraft processing protocol and fee structure prior to
data reorganization and alternative scenario development.
- Data Analysis - Development of customized analyses based on our Bank Overdraft Litigation
Since different banking organizations may have unique data criteria, warehousing and processing considerations, we work closely with both banking personnel and legal counsel to ensure timely, efficient and clear communications between all parties. We have extensive experience interfacing with a variety of outside data processing vendors and processing systems.
After careful review of the class action claim and scrutinizing the scope and availability of data transactions and requirements of legal counsel, we provide an estimate of costs and expected time frame for the production of reports and supporting documentation. We are recognized for our world class response times to the on-going needs of defense counsel.
We are pleased to provide client references and are always available to respond to questions and provide initial consultation on cases that may be in progress or upcoming.